Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

Lemon-Butter Brussel Sprouts

Believe it or not, my 9 year old has been begging for brussel sprouts.  Apparently my sister in law made some really good ones for him a while back.  I finally decided to give in, it's healthy, what can in hurt.  Anyway, here is her recipe which is really good.

15-20 Brussel Sprouts, Steamed with the ends cut off and peeled to the nice part.
1 cube of butter, melted
1 fresh lemon, squeezed
salt and pepper
Mix the melted butter and lemon juice to make a sauce.

There are 2 different ways to serve this:
1. Serve the whole sprouts with the sauce to dip in.
2. Cut the sprouts in 1/2 and drizzle the sauce over them.  Sprinkle salt and pepper.

I like the 2nd way a lot better, the halves seems to soak up more of the sauce and had a better flavor.

I had to keep from picking in them, they were so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment