Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe

My Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies were a Success! They were not chewy, a little more cakelike, due to the agave is my guess. But they were absolutely delicious. The only refined sugar at all was the coconut and the chocolate chips. The is a great gift idea for Celiacs and those who are wheat intolerant as they have sprouted wheat. My sister in law is Celiac so I experiment with alot of recipes to help her enjoy yummy treats.

Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 c. Butter, Softened
1 1/2 c. Agave
1 tsp. Vanilla
Cream together:
2 Eggs
Beat eggs in one at a time.
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking Soda
2 1/2 - 3 c. Flour (you can use white, wheat, or sprouted wheat)
Mix in with the rest. Add
2 c. Chocolate Chips
1 - 2 c. Nuts (optional, but make it way better)
1 c. Coconut
Spoon out onto sheets and bake at 375* for 9-11 minutes. I did 9 and they turned out perfect. Should make about 5 dozen.

Healthy treats


If you need directions on how to sprout wheat please let me know. Quite a process but worth it for those who cannot tolerate wheat.


No comments:

Post a Comment